F Goodbye 2010....Hello 2011!! ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye 2010....Hello 2011!!

2010 is coming to a close and I have to say, this year has had its share of ups and downs. I've had the worst luck this year, some due to my own doings, and some things were totally beyond my control.

  • I totaled out our family van...BUT the insurance paid it off at the bank. We opted for a cheaper vehicle instead of a replacement new vehicle due to finances. The 1999 Tahoe has it flaws (mainly I can't get out of the passenger side due to faulty door latches) yet it serves a purpose. It runs..its dependable, and my kids have room in it. Although...it has no third row seating or fancy DVD player like the van. It's called reality.
  • I found out that I will soon need surgery due to the discovery that I have an incisional hernia and polycystic ovary disease....BUT at least they saw something!!! I am not crazy after all!!! 
  • My brother-in-law was diagnosed with colon cancer. Stage 3. They found it when he became completely blocked and required immediate surgery....BUT they took out a large tumor during surgery and several lymph nodes. They have started him on chemotherapy, and they are hoping for a 65% survival rate!!! Praise GOD!
  • My daughter lost another tooth...BUT only part of it came out. The other part is still in her gums. It will require the dentist to remove it. BUT....another tooth has already came in, only above where it should be. OH NO. There might be a happy update to this later, just not yet. Ouch.
  • We still have too much old debt, BUT we are working hard on getting it paid off. It will take time, but we can do this. We will do this. It's a must!! 
  • On the bright side of things: Number of funerals attended this year: ZERO!! Woohoo!  Plus, the kiddos have been healthy. No broken bones or stitches (knock on wood)! No tornadoes or flooding like a few years back and so far, no ice storms!! I'd say we are on our way to a spectacular 2011!!!
I want to take this time to say "THANK YOU" for all of you that have followed my blog since I first started it in June, 2010 and for the continued support! Thank you to all the new followers too!! And, a special THANK YOU to all the wonderful sponsors who have been gracious enough to provide products for review and for sponsoring giveaways to all you loyal readers!!! We couldn't do any of this without our sponsors and fans!

For 2011, I am wanting to organize a little. I will probably be doing a total makeover of the blog layout and design. I am debating what to do as of yet. Should I keep the car design at the top or incorporate it into another header? Simplified entry format or multiple single entry process? Two columns or three?? Hmmm, I don't know, but we shall see soon enough! Any input is appreciated!

Here is a tentative schedule for the upcoming months. Each month has a theme which I will try to adhere to when reviewing products or posting articles. I may veer from it slightly, but this is the main goal:

January: Health and Fitness
February: Food,Cooking and Kitchen Items
March:  Gardening and Outdoors
April: Gadgets and Electronics
May: Media—Books, Music Video Games, etc
June: Crafts and Creativity
July:  Fashion and Beauty
August: Around the House (TBD)
September: Green Living (TBD)
October: Pets (TBD)
November: Holiday Gift Guide
December: Holiday Gift Guide

If you have any suggestions toward products you'd like to see reviewed (maybe comparison reviews of similar type items) or if you are a PR firm that would like your products featured during any of the above themes, feel free to contact me

Let's bring in 2011 with a smile!!! I can't wait!


1 comments:

Hope this year is even better for you. Hugs :O)

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites