F Skin MD Natural with SPF 15 Review ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Skin MD Natural with SPF 15 Review

As a nurse, one thing I do all day long is wash my hands. After awhile, all the washing and antibacterial gels tend to dry out my skin. I notice that I get tons of hang nails and my cuticles tend to get all puffy and irritated. Therefore, when I was given an opportunity to try the Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion, I was pretty excited. It is formulated with over 93% natural ingredients that are made without those pesky parabens, dyes and other irritating chemicals. Plus, it is made to go on the face, hands, and body, so it can be used anywhere where dry skin and skin problems occur and since it is water resistant, I can apply it at the beginning of my shift and have protection the whole day long!

What makes Skin MD different from other lotions is that it does not clog the pores, but instead, provides a breathable layer of protection over the skin. If the skin is still able to get air, it promotes faster healing. Soaps and detergents strip our skin of its natural barrier of protection and most moisturizers only provide a temporary replacement of moisture, but Skin MD is a shielding lotion that strengthens the skin's natural barrier and helps to restore the skin to its natural condition while protecting it from further damage.
By using a shielding lotion that bonds with the outer layer of your skin you can keep irritants out and moisture in. Most moisturizers do not seal in the body's own moisture, they artificially lubricate the outer layers of skin. When they wear off, the lubrication is gone and the original dryness remains. Sometimes this process will draw out the body's natural moisture and contribute to the skin's dehydration," writes Dr. Peter Helton, a board-certified dermatologist specializing in cosmetic dermatology. (from the website)
What I really liked about the formula that I received for review, is that it also contained a sunscreen--SPF 15. I like to apply it under my make-up for added protection when going outdoors. Since I have issues with acne, I like the fact that it won't clog my pores, thus doesn't cause more acne. It goes on smoothly, not too thin and it absorbs quickly! Best of all, it is scentless, and so if you work someplace where scents can be an issue, as I do, then this is not going to be one of those lotions that you have to save for home use. Take it with you! Use it and be confident that it is doing its job. It works with numerous types of skin conditions and problems from psoriasis and eczema to hives and rosacea,  and is a great product for conquering dry skin.
At Skin MD Natural, high-quality, natural ingredients are just the beginning of exceptional dry skin care for healthy, natural skin. Our natural lotions are made without animal products or animal testing. Skin MD Natural lotion is proud to be vegan and cruelty free. Our dry skin care products are all made in the USA using renewable solar energy to help reduce local air pollution and conserve energy. For an eco-friendly, natural skin care treatment choose Skin MD Natural. Your dry skin and the environment will thank you. (from website)
I found it to be a very good product and I carry it with me wherever I go. It doesn't take very much and so a little does go a long way. As for how it works as a sunscreen? I am very fair skinned, and I used it while we went swimming at a water park. I was really concerned as if it didn't work, I'd be burnt crisp...but it did work. In fact, since it is water resistant, I only had to apply it once and it lasted the whole day! (I did reapply it to my daughter's cheeks more than once as her cheeks did turn a little red, but she likes to swim underwater and submerges her whole head beneath the water).

If you are at least somewhat curious and want to try the product without the initial investment, then I would recommend trying a sample. You can do so by visiting a store where they carry the Skin MD line of products (see here for store near you) or by following the directions here to get a sample sized product by mail.

To learn more about the Skin MD line of products:
then Follow on Facebook, and Follow on Twitter.


How to Order: The Skin MD with SPF 15 can be ordered directly from the website for $25. Remember, a little goes a long way and this will be at least a month or two month supply if used on a daily basis.

FTC Guidelines require that I disclose that I received a 4oz bottle of Skin MD with SPF 15 for the purpose of this review. All opinions herein are my own honest opinion. Other opinions may vary. Thanks to Skin MD for the chance to review this product. 

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sounds like a great moisturizer especially if it contains 93% natural ingredients! The price is a little high for me, but it sounds great anyway :)

Skin MD ROCKS! I LOVE Skin MD but have never tried their sun screen. Will have to check it out. And thanks for the info on the sample!

i use this for my 3 kids who all have eczema. we love it!

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites