F Picasa 3.8 Now Available ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Picasa 3.8 Now Available

Whenever I want to do some quick photo editing or resizing, I use a great program called Picasa. It allows me to  to do basic fixes such as:

  • Crop
  • Straighten
  • Auto Color
  • Retouch and more....
plus it let's me do slightly advanced features such:
  • fill light
  • highlights
  • shadows and more...
I like the special effects it can do with a simple click of the mouse:
  • sharpen
  • black & white
  • sepia
  • film grain
  • tint
  • and many more...
It's a simple program to use and can really spruce up your photos for your sharing on your blog, Facebook, and/or MySpace pages or for printing to put into albums. It even allows you to upload your photos to an online library or directly to a photo printing company. For those on Blogger, it even has a "BlogThis!" button that uploads the photo directly to your blog! I haven't used that feature as of yet. 

If you have been a current user of Picasa 3, the new update to the 3.8 version is now available and it includes many new features that are worthy of an upgrade. I particularly like that with the 3.8 version, I can edit my photos through Picnik and then save back to my Picasa library.  Picnik has a lot of photo features that I like, especially the ability to make collages! I will definitely be utilizing this in my future posts!

To upgrade or sign up for the first time, just visit the Picasa website. Download is easy and relatively fast and in a matter of minutes, you can become a photo editing expert!!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites