F Review: Jamba All Natural Smoothies- "Celebrate the Good Things in Life" ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Friday, July 16, 2010

Review: Jamba All Natural Smoothies- "Celebrate the Good Things in Life"


Smoothies are my favorite things to make! All I have to do is gather some fresh fruit, cut it up, toss it in a blender, add some yogurt (or coconut milk) and blend. Sounds easy right? Most the time it is, but sometimes, I forget about the fresh fruit and it sits in the refrigerator too long and by the time I decide I want a strawberry-banana smoothie, the strawberries are growing mold beards!! Not at all appetizing and definitely disappointing when your taste buds are still craving the smoothie long after the fruit has been tossed into the compost bin.

No more!! Introducing Jamba All Natural Smoothies! If the name sounds familiar it is because this is the make-at-home version of the all popular Jamba Juice brand of smoothies. This version allows smoothie lovers everywhere the convenience of a quick and easy smoothie mix that is as simple as 1, 2, 3!

  1. Add one package of Jamba All Natural Smoothie Mix to your favorite blender.
  2. Pour in eight ounces of apple juice
  3. Blend for 60 seconds
That's it!! Two servings of delicious smoothie (one for you...and one to share, or not!) in less time than it takes for your favorite television program to come back from commercial break! 

Sounds too good to be true doesn't it! Wait until you hear the amazing part:

Each serving contains a full serving of fruit and meets 100% of the daily value of Vitamin C! So not only is it fast and easy, it's healthy for you as well! Jamba has filled each package with real fruit, non-fat yogurt and an antioxidant boost! All the ingredients are all natural and fat free!

Jamba Smoothies have:
  • NO Artificial flavors
  • NO Artificial Colors
  • NO Preservatives
  • NO high fructose corn syrup
How is the taste?

Jamba Smoothies come in three flavors:  

Strawberries Wild      Razzmatazz      Mango-a-go-go
 60 Calories               60 Calories        70 Calories

Strawberries Wild:
Of the three flavors, our household favorite would have to be the Strawberries Wild! The whole family simply LOVED it! It has a wonderful texture and leaves your cheeks happy! I'm not kidding. My son smiled ear to ear after he tasted the Strawberries Wild! What I liked most about it is that I could actually taste the strawberries.  This mix contains both strawberries and bananas and is closest to the version I would make at home from fresh ingredients. With my home version, no matter how I adjust the mix, I mostly taste the banana and not the delicious strawberries! Not with this one! The taste is very balanced and not too sweet!

Razzmatazz: The Razzmatazz was my personal favorite. It has a great blend of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries! When I opened the package, I could see all the fresh fruit frozen whole in the bag! That is important as fruit can lose key health benefits if it is not in its natural form. Although this was my personal favorite, it didn't go over well with my children. They loved the first sip, but the raspberry seeds in this mix immediately turned their faces sour. Children (and apparently my husband) have an aversion to certain textures on their little tongues (I am the same way with okra and coconut) that makes foods that feel funny on the tongue part of their "do not eat" mantra. It was no different with this smoothie. A few sips and then they wanted to try the next flavor, of which... is the third flavor offered by Jamba Smoothies!

Mango-a-go-go: This is a unique and curious blend of mango and pineapple. First off, let me state that this one was the one I feared the most as I do not do mango or peach (unless freshly picked) flavors at all! I always enjoy the initial taste, but the after taste simply sends me seeking the closest tall glass of water.  With that being said, I simply did not love the Mango-a-go-go, but everyone else in my household did! It was my husband's favorite of the three and my children both shared my portion, as theirs was not enough to satisfy their taste buds. I will say that I probably could have loved this had I added a fresh banana to the mix while blending.


Is it worth the cost?

Jamba All Natural Smoothies will cost you between $2.99-$3.29 at select grocery stores. Each package contains two servings. At about $1.50 per serving, it is a little more expensive than my homemade version, however it is important to consider the convenience factor. If you are a busy parent that holds a tight schedule. it might be economical for you to spend less time in the kitchen, and still be able to serve a healthy snack!

Where can I buy Jamba All Natural Smoothies?

Jamba All Natural Smoothies can be found in select grocery stores across the United States. When you sign up to receive the e-newsletter from Jamba All Natural Smoothies, you will get a $1.00 off coupon in your welcome email! 

Summary: This one truly comes down to personal preference. For me, the taste and convenience makes it a product worth its asking price! I can grab and go on busy days and on days when I have more time, I can continue to create my own version of smoothies from scratch. Some may not like the boldness of the flavors, but again, every taste bud varies! Others may not like the seeds in the Razzmatazz flavor, as my own kids did not, however for others like me, it can be what makes the flavor pop! I am certain everyone will have a favorite flavor and at least enjoy the ability to make Jamba All Natural Smoothies from the convenience of their own home...which in my book, makes this product totally unique!!

What do you do to save time in the morning? What other healthy drinks do you serve your family?

FTC Guidelines require that I disclose that I received one of each of the flavors above for the purpose of this review at no cost to me. No monetary compensation was received and all opinions are my own honest opinion. Others opinion may vary. I am in no manner affiliated with Jamba All Natural Smoothies. Photos and information herein used with permission from Jamba Juice.

Photobucket

11 comments:

I think these smoothie mixes would be excellent if I didn't already have the needed ingredients on hand. Especially if I were in a hurry. Thanks for the tips on these! Following along now thru New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. Pam @ Sallygoodin

These would be great to keep on hand for rushed mornings!! razzmatazz looks super

My kids would love these! They are smoothie addicts. I am going to have to give these a try

I love smoothies. I am going to have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing this reveiw

Hi - I'm a new follower! This looks like a great blog - one I'll enjoy keeping up with. Please stop by mine as well... www.openbookgirls.com and our ministry blog is www.ourfamilyonmission.com
Blessings,
anne

As a smoothie lover these look easier then cleaning and freezing all the fruit that it takes to make a great smoothie!

Stopped by from Pitch Me!

Those were so good. Imagine how disappointed I was to find you can't buy them in the South!

Awesome review! Makes me want to go out and buy some now!!!

Newest follower. This look great, from someone who has never (!) had a smoothie. Well, except one from McDs and it was GROSS.

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites